Wednesday, May 25, 2011

#301_Cake Decorating Class

Yay! I just finished the Fondant and Gumpaste 101 course!
I had told some friends a while back that I always admired cakes decorated with fondant, but never had a desire to learn how to decorate a cake with it because fondant is so expensive and the taste is disgusting so nobody eats them...so I thought what a waste!

One day I was at Michael's store buying whatnot at the baking supply aisle, I saw books with cakes on the cover beautifully decorated with fondants and thought to myself it would be fun to be able to do that. So I considered enrolling in a class just for fun.... and that's exactly what I did...enrolled just for FUN and I truly had FUN! I know I won't be able to decorate cakes as good as the ones on the book, but I enjoyed the classes and had learned a lot.




For my final cake project, I made a two-layer carrot cake filled and frosted with Cream Cheese Frosting then covered it with fondant icing and decorated it with leaves and roses made with gumpaste-fondant blend.



No comments:

Post a Comment