Wednesday, March 14, 2012

#341_Three-Cheese Chicken and Ham Pan de Sal


I was going to make some Cheese Pimiento Pandesal, but somehow I made a detour along the way, (when I opened the fridge) and ended up with a filling that is somewhat "pizza-ish" and somewhat "cordon bleu-ish" instead of just a simple cheese plus pimiento filling. No regrets though because I just love the outcome. It's incredibly flavorful and has a little bit of kick from the Jalapeno Cheese.


For the filling, I threw in some Jalapeno Cheese, Sharp Cheddar and Swiss Cheese mixed with slices of ham and cooked chicken (left over Costco rotisserie chicken). Mixed altogether.
For the dough, I used the Pan de Sal recipe found on this blog, click here.

I divided the dough into 24 pieces, (these are huge pieces), flattened them out and placed some filling on the dough pieces. Shaped each into Siopao fashion.

Follow the rest of procedure in making Pandesal, i.e.....
Roll each filled dough in bread crumbs and arrange them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Let dough rise sufficiently. Bake in a 350 degrees pre-heated oven.


These baked for 23 minutes.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment