Saturday, August 7, 2010

#249_The Perfect Cheesecake

Cheesecake with Oreo crust


Cheesecake with spongecake crust


New York cheesecake


What makes a perfect cheesecake?

A reader of this blog sent me an e-mail and asked me if I have a recipe for a cheesecake that is moist, rich, dense and doesn't crack while baking. Sounds like these are the qualities of a PERFECT cheesecake. Mine sometimes cracks, and sometimes doesn't. I guess it depends on how I bake it. Prepping is the real easy part of making cheeses cake, i.e. mixing the ingredients, pouring batter into the pan, etc., but baking it is another story. The cheesecake batter becomes temperamental (like a human being) as soon as you place it in the oven. Oven temperature and timing are critical factors to baking a perfect cheese cake.

I promised Myrna that I will post my recipe here the first time I will have a chance to blog, unfortunately, I don't blog that much anymore because of my hectic schedule, so I will reveal my secret and refer you to a site which helped me perfected a recipe. Here's the link:
http://www.baking911.com/cakes/cheesecake101.htm

and here's the link to the recipe I used for the cheesecake in the middle picture:
http://www.recipesecrets.net/forums/recipe-exchange/24608-juniors-famous-no-1-cheesecake-5-variations.html
( I didn't use a hot knife to slice them that's why the sliced pieces are not so smooth)

To Myrna and everyone else who reads this blog, I hope this info helps, but remember, practice makes a
PERFECT CHEESE CAKE
not the oven! (jk!)just kidding!






















No comments:

Post a Comment