who requested the recipe.
Sorry ladies, it has taken me a while to post it.
This is basically a recipe from the back of the
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 lb. Phyllo dough
1 cup butter, melted
1) Combine the nuts, sugar and spices, (excluding the whole cloves) and set aside.
2) Brush 9"x13"x2" baking pan with butter.
3) Layer 10 sheets of Fillo in the pan, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Sprinkle about 1/3 of nut mixture on the dough. Place next 8 sheets of dough, nuts mixture and buttering each layer.
4) Repeat one more time, then top with remaining 14 sheets of Fillo.
5) With a sharp knife, score fillo into 1-1/2 " diamonds or squares. Brush with remaining butter.
6) Stick a whole clove in the center of each piece.
7) Bake in pre heated 325 degrees oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.
8) Make sauce while baklava is half way into baking. (Recipe for sauce or syrup below)
9) Remove baklava from the oven and immediately pour hot syrup evenly over it. Cool completely, about 6 hours before serving.
Honey syrup recipe:
2 cups white sugar
2 cups water
1 cup honey
2 tsp. lemon juice
5 whole cloves
peel of 1 lemon
1 stick cinnamon
2 tsp. pure vanilla
Bring all ingredients to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Strain.