Trisha Yearwood's Cheese Dip
I chanced upon this yummy dip recipe while browsing the net
and made it for the first time for the Super Sunday dinner
and oh, my golly it is so yummy.
I have to warn everybody though that this dip is deadly,
because it is super loaded with cholesterol and fat!!
Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
5 sprigs green onions, finely chopped (including the white part)
1 tbsp. diced green chilies (canned)
8 pieces crackers, crushed
1 tbsp melted butter
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, diced green chilies and green onions.
3) Transfer mixture to a baking dish (I used two 6-1/2" baking dishes)
4) Mix the crushed crackers with the melted butter and spread on the dip.
5) Bake dip for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5) Remove the pan from the oven and top with bacon.
6) Serve warm with corn chips.
Pat mixture onto a baking dish
crush some crackers and mix with melted butter for topping.
Top with cooked and crumbled bacon and sliced green onions.
Don't forget your corn chips!