I got this recipe from a lady I used to work with years ago. We used to have cake & ice cream party for birthdays every month where employees brought cakes or cookies and the company provided the ice cream. People brought a lot of good stuffs and this cake was one of them.
1 box Yellow Cake Mix
1 box (3.4oz) instant white chocolate pudding mix
1 box 3.4oz) instant lemon pudding mix
3 cups cold milk (fresh milk)
1 (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple or tidbits, well drained
1 ( 8oz)Cool Whip, thawed out
Toasted coconut, optional
1. Bake cake according to package directions in a 11"x15"x2" cake pan. Let cool
2. Peel and slice bananas and line them on the cake
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Set aside
4. In another bowl, combine the cold milk and the two puddings. Beat until thick. (This will take awhile if using hand mixer. Food processor works really well. To this, add the cream cheese and continue to mix until everything is well blended together
5. Spread the pudding over bananas
6. Spread drained pineapple on top of pudding
7. Top with Cool Whip or whipped cream
8. Sprinkle nuts or coconuts on top
Notes from MaMely:
2. Make sure to beat the cream cheese separately from the pudding, otherwise you'll have a lumpy mixture. Made that mistake the first time I made it.
Ever since I've mastered making chiffon cake, I been using chiffon cake in this recipe in place of the yellow cake mix. It taste a lot better.