Saturday, February 7, 2009

#76_RICE KRISPIES TREATS

RICE KRISPIES TREATS WITH CANDY SPRINKLES


I made this treats today to take to my friends, Lisa and Fidel who are having their 20th wedding anniversary dinner with friends at their house. I planned on making custard cake because I know Lisa loves leche flan, but I didn't have much time to make one as I got side-tracked doing some other stuff. So at the last minute I resorted to the easiest treat to make, RICE KRISPIES TREATS, which to my delight, turned out to be elegant enough to take to the anniversary dinner.



This treat basically takes only takes 3 ingredients:

10 oz. bag of marshmallows, 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereals, and 1/2 stick of butter.
The recipe can be found inside the cereal box.



1) Melt the butter in a non-stick pot over medium low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2) Add the cereal and stir until well coated.



3) Using a silicone spatula, or buttered spatula, press the mixture into a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool and cut into squares.



If you want to make them into heart shapes like I did, cut them with a cookie cutter right away while the mixture is still warm and soft.



An elegant treat for Valentine's Day too.


No comments:

Post a Comment