Tuesday, December 8, 2009

#203_ International Food Night

Our Ward RS Enrichment night last night was "International Night"
where each of us ladies brought different kinds of food from all over the world.

I represented the Philippines, so guess what I brought?
If you guessed Crema de Fruta, you're right!
It's one of my favorite dessert.


There were so many different varieties of food....
too bad I can't identify all of them for you.


It was so awesome to see so many different goodies,
some of them I've never tried before....


This Sushi Platter stood out

They were made by a couple of young sisters, Caroline and her younger sister, Rose who were originally from the island of Guam. The sushis looked so beautiful arranged in 3 tiers. They did a fantastic job on the presentation.

As I was asking them what's in those sushis, I already made up my mind that I was not going to try one even though the girls were very reassuring that we will like their sushis because they did not contain any fresh fish.

First of all I'm not a big fan of sushi, but I didn't want to offend the girls and did not want to kill their enthusiasm about their masterpiece, so I politely took one, thinking that I can leave it on my plate. I found out that was hard to do when you're sitting with others around a table, so I forced myself to eat the sushi.

The verdict? Surprisingly, I went back to get me a couple more! Yep, I actually liked them....a real surprise!

So, what's in those sushis?! spam and scrambled eggs mix in with the rice then rolled in nori.

Amazingly good after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment