Sunday, December 13, 2009

#205_Filipino Christmas Dinner 2009

Friends for 24 years
Aida, me and Erlinda

My friend, Aida has been hosting Filipino Christmas dinners at her home every year for many years now. Today she made my two favorite dishes: Kare-kare and pork paksiw among many other awesome dishes. Si-nuerte ako! Gosh, I thought I died and went to Heaven! I truly enjoyed these two dishes that I didn't allow room for the other good food.

A plate of kare-kare with rice

I was not able to take pictures of all the wonderful goodies she made, but here's a few of them. (more pictures on FaceBook).

Buffet line started here.


Hamonado

Pork Paksiw....walang kaparis
One of my faves
(click here for the recipe)

Pancit

Kare-Kare
My #1 favorite. Aida makes the best kare-kare!
Ang saraaaaaaaap!!!!


Lumpia Shanghai

Mmmmm, shrimps. Sayang I'm allergic to seafood.

Got drunk with diet Coke!

A party without a pot of rice is not a Filipino party.

From me and hubby:
MARAMING SALAMAT, AIDA AND FAMILY!!!
SA UULITIN, HAH?

4 comments:

  1. how to make the pork paksiw? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, thank you for visiting my site. Here's the link for the pork paksiw:
    http://pinoyamericanrecipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Paksiw
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, I just realized that you can't click on the link so if you go to the side bar on this page then click on "Pork Paksiw" you get to the right page. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm your Facebook friend Francis and now your #1 fan, I LOVE your recipes. I could spend a whole day viewing them all. I also like your knack for following your intuition and experimenting. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete