Friday, May 1, 2009

#119_ Paksiw na Lechon

This is a recipe inspired by Dennis of
Mga Luto ni Dennis, click here,
where he used left over lechon and store-bought lechon sauce.
I was drooling while reading his recipe like I was nag-lilihi!


I had everything to make the recipe except for the lechon,
so I used the next best thing which I already have in the
freezer... left over roast pork (picnic cut) and sliced it up.

Here is what I came up with:

1) I heated 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2) Sauteed some sliced onions for 1 minute and added the roast pork and bay leaves. Sauteed it for about 3 minutes or so.
3) Added some vinegar, crushed garlic, whole black pepper, all purpose sauce (I didn't have lechon sauce)
4) Simmered for about 10 minutes.


It is a little bit dry but it is delicious. The sauce is really mild. Next time I will add some broth to make it a little saucy.

Actually my friend, Aida has a very good recipe of the sauce she makes from scratch. She adds dried lily in with the sauce which makes it extra delish, in fact it is the first food I dig into whenever I get invited to have dinner at her house.

NOTES:
1) You can add some broth if you want saucy paksiw.

2) Sorry, for not providing measurements of the ingredients. I just eyeballed everything in this recipe....it is what I call "free-style" cooking.

3) This post might sound ironic because of the swine flu pandemic. However, some doctors who come on national tv say that people acquire the virus from "people-to-people" contact and not from consuming pork.


Super good Pork Paksiw
made by Aida for Christmas dinner 2009


Addendum:
here's my latest version of Paksiw na Lechon with the addition of liver paste.
Click here to get the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment