Mga Luto ni Dennis, click here,
where he used left over lechon and store-bought lechon sauce.
I was drooling while reading his recipe like I was nag-lilihi!
so I used the next best thing which I already have in the
freezer... left over roast pork (picnic cut) and sliced it up.
Here is what I came up with:
2) Sauteed some sliced onions for 1 minute and added the roast pork and bay leaves. Sauteed it for about 3 minutes or so.
3) Added some vinegar, crushed garlic, whole black pepper, all purpose sauce (I didn't have lechon sauce)
4) Simmered for about 10 minutes.
It is a little bit dry but it is delicious. The sauce is really mild. Next time I will add some broth to make it a little saucy.
Actually my friend, Aida has a very good recipe of the sauce she makes from scratch. She adds dried lily in with the sauce which makes it extra delish, in fact it is the first food I dig into whenever I get invited to have dinner at her house.
1) You can add some broth if you want saucy paksiw.
2) Sorry, for not providing measurements of the ingredients. I just eyeballed everything in this recipe....it is what I call "free-style" cooking.
3) This post might sound ironic because of the swine flu pandemic. However, some doctors who come on national tv say that people acquire the virus from "people-to-people" contact and not from consuming pork.
made by Aida for Christmas dinner 2009
here's my latest version of Paksiw na Lechon with the addition of liver paste.
Click here to get the recipe.