Thursday, October 29, 2009

#193_Roast Turkey/Gravy

I was going to post this entry last year but things got so crazy and hectic and chaotic that I never got to doing it. November this year for me looks like it is going to be more hectic than last year as my calendar is already getting filled up with different events. Aside from Thanksgiving Day, there's baby shower, farewell, birthdays, baptism, bake sale for fund raising. So I better get this in before it will be buried once again.


What I'm going to share is not really a recipe but rather a method of roasting turkey that I picked up from Martha Stewart many years ago. Aside from stuffing the cavity of the turkey with seasoned veggies, she placed some of the vegetables on the bottom of the roasting pan before putting the turkey in the oven.

When the turkey is done, put these veggies in a blender or food processor then mix it in with the drippings to make gravy.

Here's a link to making basic gravy:
http://pinoyamericanrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/11/260different-ways-to-make-gravy.html

Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment