This is my personal website representing my kitchen. In my kitchen, I have a COLLECTION of RECIPES which have been enjoyed by my family and friends for years. My purpose in creating this blog is to share these recipes with all my kababayans who are away from home and missed their moms' home cooking. For those who have family members who prefer non-traditional Filipino dishes, I have RECIPES for them too, hence, PINOY-AMERICAN..MaMely.
FYI, "Pinoy" is an informal demonym referring to Filipinos.
Bite-size Fruit Tarts topped with fresh kiwi and raspsberry fruits and canned pineapple tidbits.
This is one of the desserts I made over the holidays (see NOCHE BUENA entry) unfortunately, I did not have time to post the recipe then, afterall, this dessert is good for any occasion. In fact, the lady I got the recipe from had made these tarts for summer weddings.
The tart shells are made from butter cookie recipe. After mixing all the ingredients, form dough into a log or ball and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for several hours in the fridge. The reason I form the dough this way is because it is easier to cut them into pieces by just using a knife.
TART PRESS is a very indispensable tool when making these tart shells.
Baked tart shells ready to be filled with cream cheese fillings and fruit toppings.
a) recipe for TART SHELLS : (BUTTER COOKIES)
1 lb. butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 cups all purpose flour
1) cream together sugar and butter
2) stir in the egg
3) add flour and mix well
4) knead mixture by hand until smooth
5) form dough into 2 logs or balls,
6) wrap doughs with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
7) when ready to make cookies, grease tart moulds with shortening
8) cut doughs into about 200 pieces and form each piece into 1 inch balls
9) press each dough balls into the tart shells with a tart press
10) arrange tart shells onto a cookie sheet and bake in a pre-heated 325 degrees oven for 10 minutes or until the edges of cookies turn light brown.
11) fill with cream cheese fillings and top with your favorite fruits
b) CREAM CHEESE FILLINGS:
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 (12oz) cool whip
1 cup powdered sugar
1) cream the cream cheese until light
2) add sugar, beat until well blended
3) fold in the cool whip
1) Flour the TART PRESS before pressing it onto the dough 2) You can substitute sliced fresh strawberries when available..they look elegant. 3) Tart shells can be made few days ahead. Store them in airtight container.
Fruit tarts topped with raspberries, strawberries, pineapple tidbits(not pictured)
Filled with baked cheesecakes (New York style)
These shells are made of Chocolate Cookie dough sans the chocolate chips and are molded and baked in mini muffin pans for about 8-10 on 325 degrees oven. After taking them out of the oven while still very hot, press each tart shell down with the tart press before unmolding. Let them cool on wire rack.