I have a good memory of these fruits. When we were kids my sisters and I would cut a calamansi in half and sprinkle some salt on the cut side and suck the juice just for the fun of it. I also used to peel one and pop it in my mouth...either way was sooo sour, they made my whole face puckered!! It amazes me that I've never had a desire to do this since I became an adult.
PULPY CALAMANSI JUICE
Favorite fruit drinks among the Filipinos
To make a good CALAMANSI JUICE:
1) Boil 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons white sugar until water is reduced to half. Let cool.
2) Squeeze juice of about 10 calamansi fruits (about 1/4 cup) into a tall glass. Take out seeds.
3) Pour cooled syrup into the glass. Add some cold water to make one full glass.
4) Stir thoroughly. Can put some ice cubes in it.
Makes one 12 oz. glass fruit drink.
1) If you prefer not to make syrup, just use plain sugar or honey to sweeten the drink.
2) Do not use hot water with the extracted juice so as not to kill the vitamin C content of the juice.