Sunday, June 21, 2009

#147_ Fruity Smoothie Drink

My friend, Bobbi and I went to a Farmer's Market yesterday
where fruits and veggies were so fresh and cheap.
I was actually surprised to see these fruits so early in the year,
but I was also delighted because me and my husband
have fruit smoothies almost everyday,
either for our breakfast or after dinner.


Usually what I do for some fruits, I wash and slice them up
and put them in ziplock bags and freeze them.
I do these with the apricots, strawberries, pineapple, peaches or nectarines.
For blueberries and raspberries, I just wash and freeze them.

Then when I'm ready to make the smoothies,
I just throw in the blender whatever fruit combo I like,
usually up to 6 to 8 kinds, with 2 cups of orange juice
at the bottom of the blender and crushed iced on top.
No need to add any sugar as the fruits already have
their own natural sugar.
This is a healthy drink but also taste fantastic!

Berry nutritious and berry refreshing!!!

Note: None of the fruits in the blender in the picture above
haven't made their way to the freezer yet.
MaMely haven't got around doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment