Sunday, August 2, 2009

#164_Ground Beef 'N Sour Cream Potato Casserole


I tried to scan this recipe but it didn't work well for me so
I just took a picture of it to save me
from typing the whole recipe. (this old lady is getting lazy!)
This is one of the several entries I submitted
to the cook book published by a company
I used to work for many years ago, (click here).


I made this today and doubled the recipe
using 11 x 15 x 2 casserole pan.


This is one of my favorite dishes to make for a big crowd
as the recipe can be doubled easily
and can be assembled ahead of time, refrigerate it,
then pop it in the oven when you need it.
It is also very forgiving kind of dish to make,
so you can't really go wrong with it.


Brown the ground beef with chopped onions.
Spread in a deep baking pan or casserole dish.


Peel and boil potatoes til half way done,
then grate using coarse side of a hand-held grater.
When I do a big batch, a food processor is my best friend.


Spread grated potatoes evenly on top of the meat,
then pour the soup mixture on top of the potatoes.
Sprinkle with grated cheese.


Mix melted butter with the cornflakes
slightly crushing the cornflakes.


Spread cornflakes on top.
Note:
One thing that I do that is not on the recipe book is I cover the casserole with aluminum foil that is sprayed with cooking spray the first 30 minutes of baking, then uncover and continue to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes.

****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment