Wednesday, August 12, 2009

#166_Baked Salmon in Foil


A nice friend and neighbor of mine and her hubby
brought me back this salmon they caught
when they went fishing at a lake.
I like its size, it is perfect at 18 inches.
Thank you Shirley & LeGrande!!


I thought I'd bake it so hubby might have some of it with me.

After cleaning the fish with baking soda, click here,
this is how I baked the fish:
Sprinkled some salt inside the cavity and outside of fish.
Put some sliced tomatoes and sliced onions,
and crushed garlic in the cavity then arranged sliced onions on top of fish.
Drizzled with olive oil then sealed the foil.

This is how the fish looked after it was baked
for about 45 minutes in a 350 degrees oven.
Nice and moist, flaky and flavorful.

I thought I'd share this with hubby so I decided to bake it,
just to find out he didn't want any of it.
anak ng pating! I should have known better!
I didn't really care much for baked fish either.
I should have fried it then made escabeche or sarciado na lang sana.

So I made some sinigang out of it which I will be posting later.
Did hubby like the sinigang? No way Jose!

****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment