Tuesday, June 1, 2010

#243_Summer Coolers: Halo-Halo

Halo-Halo is an all time favorite Filipino merienda.
Literally translated as mix-mix...
meaning mix everything to let all the ingredients
blend together before eating it.

Here's Wikipedia's description of halo-halo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo-halo
Wikipedia mentioned some of the fruits that can be added to the mixture
are kiwifruits, bananas, avocados, papaya.

I've never tried any of these combination.
However, I might try bananas, but not kiwifruit.
Actually I've use fruit cocktail once before and is okay.

I just love simple ingredients in my Halo-Halo.
My favorite combination is:
sago, gulaman, caramelized saba bananas, nata de coco.
I love the ube for the topping instead of ice cream
and definitely use evap milk, not fresh milk.
I also love to mix in some frosted flakes cereals in place of pinipig....
it is crunchy and yet softer than pinipig.


Make some today and enjoy!!! Truly refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment