Yesterday, after I posted this picture of Mango Cake Roll on my facebook page, I received several requests for the recipe. I appreciate you ladies for your interest on the recipe.
For the cake, I used my recipe for the Chiffon Cake as I did with the Ube-Macapuno Cake Roll, click here,
For the cream filling, I used the same cream filling for the Fruit Tart and Crema de Fruta.
1 box (3.3 oz ) instant white chocolate pudding mix
1 package cream cheese, room temp. soft
4 cups of ripe mangoes, cubed
For the Cake, Chiffon Cake recipe #210, click here.
1) Make the batter for the cake following the directions on the Chiffon Cake recipe.
2) Grease 2 jelly roll pans then line with parchment papers, then grease the papers.
3) Equally spread the batter on the parchment paper-lined pans.
4) Bake in a pre-heated 350 degrees oven for 15-18 minutes for each pan.
5) Follow directions in rolling jelly roll before spreading the Mango and Cream Filling on the cake.
6) chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Note from MaMely:
If making the Chiffon Cake batter is somewhat complicated for you, watch this video which gives you very simple recipe for jelly roll cake and a step by step procedure of rolling the cake.
This is the kind of mangoes that works best for this dessert. If you live in Pinas, there won't be any problem looking for good mangoes.
Irresistible Mango Custard Pizza Pie recipe #161 here,
Brazo de Mercedez with a big Twist recipe #196 here,
Custard Cream Filling
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup fresh milk
1 cup coconut cream
6 egg yolks, slightly beaten
Click here to get the procedure.