They are so delicate that they tend to shatter to pieces
when you bite into them,
but they are very good, in fact, they can be addicting.
and form lace-like holes where they got their name from, thus,
Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup butter, softened1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup rolled oats, ground in food processor1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp baking powder1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1) In a bowl, mix all ingredients together with a fork. Cover with a plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator overnight. ( if you can't wait that long, at least 2 hours)
2) Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
3) Line cookie sheets with parchment papers.
4) Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls and about 3 inches apart on the prepared pans.
5) Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.
6) Let them stand for about 3 minutes or til cookies are firm then peel them off the parchment paper and transfer them to cooling racks. Cool completely before storing.
Note from MaMely:
1) This is optional: after peeling them off the parchment paper, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar.