Sunday, December 7, 2008

#44_Banana Nut Bread

Sweet & Moist and Easy to Make Banana Bread

My first baking experience was baking banana bread which was a total disaster and a disappointment because I accidentally omitted the sugar while making the batter. Of course without sugar, the bread came out not only tasted so bland, but also tasted awful. Nobody in my family including myself wanted to eat them except my father. He said the bread tasted okay if you sprinkled them with sugar as you eat them. I thought that was very kind of him.

I've come a long way since my first Banana Bread.
These are sweet and moist and definitely have sugar in them.


The recipe makes four 4x9 loaves


Recipe for Banana Nut Bread

Dry ingredients:

3-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional)

Wet ingredients:
1-3/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup melted butter(1 stick)
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed

1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted

Procedure:

1) In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and the pumpkin pie spice; set aside
2) Cream together brown sugar, butter and canola oil, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla.
3) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
4) Fold in the nuts
5) Pour batter into 4 greased 4x9 loaf pans ( or aluminum foil pans, 7-1/2"x 3-1/2")
6) Bake in a pre-heated 350 degrees oven for 50 minutes
7) Cool before slicing

Updated 2-10

No comments:

Post a Comment