1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins (soak in juice for an hour)
1 cup nuts, chopped
2) Beat together the butter and sugars until creamy.
3) Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4) Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix with the egg and butter mixture; mix well
5) Stir in oats, raisins and nuts; mix well.
6) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
7) Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Remove to wire rack to cool.